Provide accounting support to Children’s Rescue Fund locations and programs for efficient operation. Perform accounting functions as assigned.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Be able to accurately code and ensure all Expenses & Invoices in preparation for data entry into Company Accounting Software (MIP).
- Responsible for Monthly Expense Reports required from current funding sources.
- Provides accounting support to the Executive and Financial Management Team in regards to effective functioning of financial records etc.
- Maintain logs and fiscal records to ensure accurate data is available for analysis.
- Bank reconciliation and upkeep all bank binders for all sites
- Assist in month end and year end closing process
- Maintain intercompany and allocation schedules.
- Assist in annual audit and other funding source or authorities’ audit.
- Enter periodic payroll entries and reconcile Payroll account.
- Assist in special projects and run ad-hoc reports
- Facilitate effective communication with other staff within an interdisciplinary context, participate in and contribute to staff meetings and the development of policies and procedures under the direction of Senior Vice President of Fin, Acct and Administration.
- Participate in training and staff-development activities to acquire and maintain both interpersonal and operational skills necessary for successful job performance.
- Maintain required job skills and core professional competencies. Attends and participates in required educational programs and staff meetings to ensure professional development.
- Will assist Director’s during annual audit and in the production of audit schedules.
- Assist with special interdepartmental assignments as assigned
Frequent contact with staff within Department.
Collaborative working relationship with external and internal financial staff member’s.
Interact with other departments or divisions to ensure cooperation and the delivery of proper services.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Accounting and/or Finance.
Experience: 4+ years’ experience performing accounting functions in a non-profit office setting. Experience in a team environment. Knowledge of office systems; MS-Office preferred, Advances excel skills (Pivot tables, V-look ups), MIP and knowledge of databases required. Non-profit experience preferred.
Related Skills: Familiarity with standard concepts, practices, and procedures.
Strong interpersonal. Must be well-organized and attentive to detail; Ability to be organized and detail-oriented in a fast-paced work environment; Ability to work independently and as part of a team; Professional demeanor;
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to
perform the essential functions.