Safety Monitor (Shelter Services) - Full time and Part-time
Reports to the Safety Supervisor and/or Operations Manager, and in the absence of the Safety Supervisor to the Director of Operations.
The Safety Monitor is directly responsible for monitoring all site activities and ensuring civility amongst residents, visitors, and staff. S/he controls access to the facility twenty-four hours a day and will report any hazardous conditions within the facility and grounds to the Safety Supervisor on duty.
- Maintains a safe and secure environment for the residents and staff.
- Ensures that daily tasks followed, and communicates all pertinent information to the Safety Supervisor.
- Performs and completes Detex patrols in half-hour increments.
- Ensures that all entries are made in the security desk logbook.
- Rotate shifts at the Director of Operations discretion and/or as needed of the business requires.
- Drive the facility van when required.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Two years’ commercial and/or residential security experience required.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Required Training/Certifications: Security training (Security Guard Act of 1992); F-80 (FSC) or F-58 (FSD) of Fire Safety and Alarm Systems; First Aid and CPR.
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Prior experience working with women and children.
- Ability to work any of the following shifts: (8 am – 4 pm) (4 pm -12 am) (12 am – 8 am)
- Bi-lingual (English and Spanish) is a plus.
- Driver’s License preferred.
Full-time position: must be flexible in shift
Part-time position: Saturday and Sunday 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Overtime is mandatory
Please indicate which position: Full-time or Part-time in your coverletter