Director of Building Operations
The Building Operation’s Director, is responsible for over-seeing the daily on going and long term maintenance of the facility. This person is the supervisor of the facility Security Services and Maintenance Department. He/She plans and implements training and safety workshops for the Safety and Maintenance personnel. Other responsibilities include the screening, fingerprinting and background investigation of Icahn House employee’s and residents.
- The Building Operations Director reports to the Executive Director.
- The Building Operations Director is on call twenty-four (24) hours a day, seven (7) days a week.
- In the event you will not be reachable, it is your responsibility to advise Security and to provide them with a contact number for the person responding to emergency calls.
The following is illustrative and not inclusive. Other job related responsibilities may be assigned by the Executive Director.
- Participate in agency-wide planning process as requested.
- Prepare and submit all required information for all Safety personnel (fingerprinting, background investigation, eight-hour training certificate, and
- sixteen-hour on the job training certificate) as mandated by the New Security Guard Act of 1992.
- Submit background investigation reports on employees and residents, when requested by Executive Director.
- Oversees inventory control.
- Ensures compliance with building and safety regulations.
- Prepare monthly report and I.A.C. reports.
- Attend court hearings as requested by Executive Director.
- Attend all staff meetings.
- Implement mandated policies as stated in Safety and Law Enforcement Regulations.
- Manage facility maintenance.
- Supervise, monitor and evaluate safety and maintenance personnel and recommend raises/promotions when requested.
- Contact and contract local vendors for repairs when needed.
- Recruit staff and recommend staff hiring, discipline and termination to Executive Director as applicable.
- Monitor conformance of program with agency personnel policies.
- Process identification for residents and staff.
- In conjunction with the Executive Director, responsible for seeing that appropriate personnel forms are completed for all new and terminated employees and that information is updated as needed.
- Conduct fire drills and apartment inspections.
- Maintain necessary certifications for standpipe and sprinkler system.
- Effective leadership and communication skills
- Team building
- Strong organizational and managerial skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Participate in budget development process.
- Prepare and/or supervise preparation of billing materials as required, and submit to Executive Director.
- Maintain and sign time sheet for staff and submit to the Executive Director.
- Maintain facility vehicles
- Maintain inventory of supplies.
- Maintain Security Systems.
- Maintain Fire Alarm Systems.
- Work with area agencies and Police Precinct as required, in promoting safety awareness.
- Oversee program, specific events in consultation with Executive Director.
THE FOLLOWING SKILLS ALSO REQUIRED:
- DIRECT SERVICES:
- PUBLICE RELATIONS:
- Promote Icahn House philosophy.
- Support the agency’s code of ethical conduct.
- Engage in promoting professionalism among staff and clients.
- Engage in on going staff development to improve personal and professional skills.
- Support the professional growth and development of colleagues by sharing materials and information and providing helpful feedback and encouragement.
- Attend staff meetings, workshops and in-service training provided by the agency.
- Demonstrate a commitment to excellence in professional conduct.
- Maintain an open line of communication with all departments, clients, vendors and external agencies involved with Icahn House.
- Submit to the Executive Director a written monthly report outlining concerns/problems as it relates to the internal/external physical structure of Icahn House.
- Prepare all paperwork accurately, timely and complete as it relates to purchase orders, employment matters, investigations and/or payroll reports.
- Ensure that ALL vacant units are brought on-line within 48-hours or sooner, unless there is documented evidence of damage to the unit.
- Ensure that ALL client identification cards are in place within 48-hours or sooner of a clients arrival at Icahn House.
- Must be knowledgeable with, and ensure that the complete Security Team understand and can effectuate New York State Department of Homeless Services Procedure No. 03-003 (criteria for reporting incidents).
- Two years management experience in Security Service or Law Enforcement.
- Four years experience in Building Maintenance with management skills and staff supervision.
- Law Enforcement of Engineering Degree will be considered in lieu of experience.
- Valid New York State Driver’s License
- F80 Certification