Responsible for routine and preventative maintenance for building interiors and exterior including
but not limited to plumbing, electrical systems, snow removal, and code compliance.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Plaster, carpentry, electrical, plumbing and HVAC maintenance to include preventative maintenance.
- Clean, repair and store paint brushes, rollers, ladders and other equipment; and prepare and apply paints and finish to interior and exterior surfaces when required
- Prepare floors for stripping and waxing as required areas.
- Inspects, test’s and maintains the emergency lighting and telephone lines, sprinkler system, standpipe system.
- Assist in moving furniture in offices and residential areas.
- Assist in unloading and storage of deliveries.
- Assist in garbage removal for sanitation.
- Clears sidewalks and entrances of snow /apply salt and keep areas dry during inclement weather.
- Prepare units for occupancy
- Respond to and resolve emergency calls for maintenance problems.
- Maintains records of work done, document as may be required by regulatory agencies,
- Perform other duties and special projects as required.
- Report routine observations of residential and public areas to supervisory staff including conditions which that might affect the safety and security of clients or staff.
- Facilitate effective communication with other staff.
- Participate in training and staff-development activities to acquire and maintain both interpersonal and operational skills necessary for successful job performance.
- Must be available to work weekends, holidays and evenings hours.
- Computer skills needed for record keeping, communication and work orders.
- Must be able to work independently and without close supervision.
- Frequent contact with staff within Department, and regular contact with internal and external callers to assure a high degree of customer service is provided.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- 5+ years of building maintenance experience required.
- Experience with HVAC systems, low-pressure steam, and pump compressors.
- Valid NYS Driver’s License and clean driving record
- Computer literate in Microsoft Office and office skills.
- Ability to communicate in Spanish and English a plus.
Related Skills: Required to have mechanical, electrical, plumbing and carpentry knowledge. Knowledge of occupational and fire safety procedures, universal precautions within shelter program and OSHA standards. Ability to effectively operate shop machines, hand tools and meter’s.