Assist the Sr. Director, Operations (SDO) with managing the Program Operations and the Security Department of a 24 hour - neighborhood-based Cluster Model transitional residence, making sure all clients are living in a safe and habitable environment. Provide recommendations and key support with regards to the oversight of the internal operations of the program to the SDO.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES including the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Assist Sr. Director, Operations with the preparation and submission of all
Corrective Action Plans (CAP’s) following Routine Site Review Inspections (RSRI),
and Office of Temporary Disability and Assistance (OTDA) inspections, to be completed
in the CARES Building Compliance System (BCS).
2. Directly supervise the team of four (4) security supervisor’s, make recommendations to
the Sr. Director, Operations, regarding improvements of security procedures
and assist in the overall management/oversight of the Safety Department
3. Represent CRF –Cluster Model Program by accompanying inspectors during /
Maintenance Repair and (RSRI), Monitoring Tool audits (MT), OTDA, and any other announced and/or unannounced inspections.
4. Conduct initial apartment inspections and photograph conditions to ensure each unit
meets the standards of both CRF and DHS prior to units being made available for
5. Manage, track and follow-up on all work orders generated by CRF- Cluster Model
Program Staff, to ensure our clients are living in habitable conditions.
6. Maintain a file system of all hard copies of generated/completed work orders and.
7. Prepares and submits summary reports of all generated Work Orders / Furniture
Request submitted by Social Service staff to Pilgrim Realty.
8. Propose modifications in procedures/equipment to the Sr. Director of Building Operation
9. Assist with any required driving errands and will assist and oversee in-house and outward client transfers.
10. Will take lead with the supervision of operations staff (maintenance worker, driver and operations specialists) in the absence of the Sr. Director, Operations.
11. Maintain on-going communication with the landlord’s management team and other departments within the program to ensure cohesion in resolving all required residential and apartment repairs.
- Facilitate effective communication with other staff within an interdisciplinary context, participate in and contribute to staff meetings and the development of policies and procedures.
- Participate in training and staff-development activities to acquire and maintain both interpersonal and operational skills necessary for successful job performance.
Other Measured Items
- Ability to team lead and provide effective supervision, guidance and oversight of
- Must be willing to consistently enforce the policies and procedures that have been set
forth by the Agency.
- Ability to respond and troubleshoot crises situations (i.e. Priority ‘s).
- Timely report of critical/priority one incidents to DHS.
· Timely submission of work orders to Property Management team to address priority
· The submission and follow-up of all repairs identified by DHS, DOHMH and OTDA
- Education: Associates Degree and/or High School diploma or GED
- Experience: Five years’ experience in a social service setting including at least three years significant supervisory experience and two years administrative residential program experience involving material management, fire safety and security procedures.
- Related Skills: Must have a clean, valid New York State Driver’s license. Computer literacy required with knowledge of office systems; MS-Office preferred.
- Other Requirements (Including Physical Demands):
- Bilingual in English and Spanish preferred.
- NYS Security Guard License and Fire Coordinator (F-80)
- Periodically may bend, lift and carry objects weighing up to twenty-five pounds.
- May be required to work long hours and a varied schedule.
· The submission and follow-up of all repairs identified by DHS, DOHMH and OTDA.
· Timely documentation of follow up on all health and hazardous repairs in CARES.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform
the essential functions.