A support position under the supervision of the Vice President of Operations whose function is to maintain the administrative office in a clean, sanitary condition. Require making deliveries to the bank, post office, funding sources, etc. and will assist in office activities
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Empty all office trash can on a daily basis and store garbage in designated area.
- Bag all trash as required and place outside in designated area at the end of business day for pick up.
- Vacuum Reception Area daily.
- Vacuum entire office at least weekly or more often if needed.
- Dust furniture and file cabinets in all office areas on a weekly basis.
- Check supplies in cleaning stock closet and kitchen area. Prepare requisition to request replenishment and submit to Vice of Operations for approval, as necessary.
- Clean bathrooms – toilets, sinks and mop floors daily.
- Check supplies quantity in bathrooms on a daily basis.
- Restock bathroom supplies – toilet paper, hand towels, hand soap and toilet seat cover as needed.
- Clean toaster oven, microwave and refrigerator weekly. Clean cabinets countertop on a daily basis. Line toaster oven with new aluminum foil weekly.
- Restock kitchen cabinets and table with eating utensils, napkins, plates, etc. on a daily basis.
- Make minor repairs to office and/or equipment as requested.
- Assemble new office furniture and/or equipment as needed.
- If Purchasing Assistant is not available, accept deliveries upon arrival. Assist in verifying receiving slip with goods received.
- Will be responsible for driving staff members to site locations when necessary and/or if time permits.
- Deliver overnight packages, certified mail, etc. to Post Office, as necessary.
- Deliver bank deposits to bank as requested.
- Make routine deliveries to funding sources, etc. as requested.
- Assist clerical support staff in preparing bulk mailings, etc. when necessary.
- Must be able to obtain a clean Driver’s Abstract.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Six months of experience providing custodial services in a business or social service environment.
- Familiarity with equipment and processes associated with custodial work.
- Other Requirements (including Physical Demands): Ability to lift 75 pounds.
- Must have a valid NYC Driver’s License.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.