This individual will be responsible for driving clients, staff, and outside agency visitors to various locations within our program. The driver will be required to assist in moving office/client property to various locations.
1. Must possess a valid NYS Driver’s License
2. Must be able to obtain and maintain a clean Driver’s Abstract
3. Drive clients, staff and visitors to various locations such as DHS office, CRF office locations, and to various locations where clients reside for inspections or agency needs.
4. Ensure that the vehicle he/she is driving is maintained in good clean working order and that it is properly inspected and maintained.
5. Assist in unloading and storage of deliveries.
6. Assist maintenance staff in moving furniture and residential areas.
7. Clears sidewalk and entrances of snow during the winter months.
8. Perform other duties and special projects as required by agency needs including serving on-call for one-week period each quarter.
9. Physical requirements (Must be to lift at least 75-100 lbs.)
1. Facilitate effective communication with other staff and clients within an interdisciplinary context.
2. Participate in training and staff-development activities to acquire and maintain both interpersonal and operational skills necessary for successful job performance.
3. Drive senior managers when possible to meetings at various internal and city agency offices.
Frequent contact with staff within Department, and regular contact with internal and external callers to assure a high degree of customer service is provided.
Collaborative, sensitive and respectful relationships with volunteers and clients.
Education: High school diploma or equivalent required.
Experience: Five years of general driving experience in a business or social environment.
Related Skills: Familiarity with 15 passenger vehicle and willing to take and pass drivers test with Senior manager as passenger.