Custodian (Shelter Services)
The Safety Monitor is directly responsible for maintaining a clean and healthy environment for clients, staff and volunteers by performing a variety of cleaning and maintenance.
- Sweep and clean office and program delivery areas.
- Repair and maintain physical plant and performs minor repairs.
- Assist in unloading and storage of deliveries.
- Remove garbage from program and office areas.
- Clean and mop floors. Prepare floors for stripping and waxing as required areas.
- Assist maintenance staff in moving furniture in offices and residential areas.
- Clears sidewalks and entrances of snow and maintains.
- Clean, repair and store paint brushes, rollers, ladders and other equipment; and prepare and apply paints and finish to interior and exterior surfaces when required.
- Report routine observations of residential and public areas to supervisory staff including conditions which that might affect the safety and security of clients or staff the orderly operation of the facility.
- Facilitate effective communication with other staff within an interdisciplinary context, participate in and contribute to staff meetings and the development of policies and procedures.
- Participate in training and staff-development activities to acquire and maintain both interpersonal and operational skills necessary for successful job performance.
- Six months of experience providing custodial services in a business or social service environment.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Familiarity with equipment and processes associated with custodial work.
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to lift 75lbs.
Schedule will be Tuesday-Saturday: 5am-1pm