IT Help Desk Analyst
To provide day to day on-site support to internal program staff and Executive Management Team. Maintain and monitor end-user workstations and productivity on local area network. Perform a variety of maintenance, software installation, end-user support and training tasks to ensure end-user workstations and network performance meet agency and user requirements. Provide support to staff on all agency supported applications. Troubleshoot computer problems, determine source and advise on appropriate action.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Administers end-user workstations and supports end-user activities utilizing TCP/IP on a primarily Microsoft Windows based local area network (LAN).
2. Serve as systems administrator, ensuring that all agency data is backed up and secured at all time. Ensure the firewall is protected and updated regularly.
3. Develops, documents, analyses and tests the computer system as it relates to user or system design specifications; as well as provide hardware and software troubleshooting and technical support for all staff.
4. Documents, tests and modifies computer programs as it relates to the operating systems.
5. Maintain the agency wide area network for all sites and ensure that the network is updated regularly and functioning at all times.
6. Troubleshoot computers and servers and maintain them at maximum performance levels.
7. Monitor and analyze efficiency of software/hardware usage, recommend and
implement policies to provide maximum resource utilization in a cost efficient
8. Develops and conducts various training and instruction for system users on
operating systems and other applications; assists staff in maximizing use of
networks and computing systems.
9. Provide technical support services via telephone, e-mail and face to face.
10. Request the purchase of computers, printers and other peripheral equipment with
approval of the Regional Director of Building Operations.
11. Maintain up to date computer inventory schedule and a record of all license and
warranty for computers and other related equipment.
12. Maintain inventory of computer equipment, shipping/receiving of hardware;
install desktop and associated peripherals.
13. Maintain an IT Disaster Recovery Plan, as well as a master list of passwords, IP
addresses, software licenses and other pertinent information regarding the
14. Support telephone and voicemail systems at all agency sites. This includes
creating voicemail boxes and training staff on how to use this function.
15. Maintains confidentiality with regard to the information being processed, stored
or accessed by staff on the network.
16. Attend meetings, trainings, and conferences regarding changes in MIS
technology to stay abreast of the latest developments and remain technically
competent at all levels of data processing.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Bachelor degree in Computer Information Systems, Information Technology, or related field and a minimum of two (2) years of experience providing technical support services. Experience working in Social Services Sector either Government or Non-profit preferred. Possess exceptional problem solving and interpersonal skills along with excellent organization skills. The ability to develop processes to improve work flow as well as to pay attention to details. Ability to multi-task effectively, and meet deadlines in a fast paced environment. Ability to work independently with strong sense of focus, task oriented and nonjudgmental. Must have excellent written and oral communication skills.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.