Building Operations Specialist
The Building Operations Specialists will work aside the Director of Building Operations for CMP FB39 to ensure that families residing in a 300-unit neighborhood-based cluster model transitional residence are living in a safe and habitable environment. In addition, through the initial intake process provide new intakes with an overview of the program and facility rules.
1. Conduct initial apartment inspections and photograph units before they are placed on line for new intakes.
2. Escort DHS Inspection Team and Maintenance Repair Capital Construct (MRCC) to inspect residential apartments.
3. Assist Director of Building Operations in the monitoring of all repairs identified by DHS and MRCC for corrective action response.
4. Manage and track all complaint forms generated by CRF- Cluster Model Program Staff.
5. Assist Director of Building Operations in the follow-up of all apartment complaints.
6. Maintain a file system of all hard copy complaint forms completed and unresolved repairs by Pilgrim Realty.
7. Assist with the preparation and the submission of the complaint summary form to besubmitted to Pilgrim Realty.
8. Propose and/or make modifications in procedures/equipment to the CRF - Cluster Model Director of Building Operations, and /or the Regional Director of Operations.
9. Assist in driving staff to residential units for unit inspections, and with transfers in and out of the program when needed.
10. Utilizing the Department of Homeless Services (DHS) Client Assistance and Re-housing Enterprise System (CARES) to complete Intake Check-in, Discharges Conditional Intake Review, the Nightly Attendance Roster and Incident Reports.
11. Serve as a Super User in the DHS Client Assistance and Re-housing System (CARES) System to assist the social service staff in trouble-shooting problems in the system.
12. Assist in obtaining client signatures to complete Daily Attendance Roster for CARES
13. Will serve as operations liaison as assigned by the Direct or Building Operations for FB39 and be responsible for operational issues within site specific location i.e. work orders, client repairs, equipment and office upkeep etc.
15. Must be available for mandatory overtime when required.
Education: High School diploma or GED
Experience: Minimum of two (2) years experience working with the homeless community.
Related Skills: Must have a clean, valid New York State Driver’s license. Computer literacy required with knowledge of office systems; MS-Office preferred.
Other Requirements (including Physical Demands):
Bilingual in English and Spanish preferable.
Must have a valid clean New York State Driver License
Periodically may bend, lift and carry objects weighing up to twenty-five pounds.
May be required to work long hours and a varied schedule.
Must be available to work overtime as needed.