Summary/Objective Under general direction from the controller, the payroll manager oversees payroll administration. The payroll manager is responsible for monitoring all tasks necessary to accomplish the organization’s payroll processing objectives, including relationships with external auditors and state and federal agencies. The majority of the employee’s time is spent planning, coordinating and managing the functions of the payroll department. This position requires an extremely detail orientated person with significant knowledge of payroll administration, including state and federal regulations.
Essential Functions Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Daily activities to include the following: polling of time clock, spread sheet to distribute to CEO, COO. Printing “Punch exception” report and missing punch report if there are frequent offenders. Editing time transaction i.e. any missing or incorrect punches. Updating and maintaining employee information in time clock system. Entering schedule changes in time management system as they rise. Answering all charge back promptly as they arise and follow up in a timely manner to ensure charges are debited from our account. Typing all scheduling budgets as they arise for companies. Entering new hires and termination in HRIS systems.
- Biweekly activities to include the following: inputting weekly hours, voiding checks/ manual check as required. Exporting payroll from time management system and importing into HRIS. Distributing paychecks. Preparing bi-weekly payroll budget analysis (Actual vs. Budget) including ensuring that all employees are classified in their proper departments
- Monthly activities to include the following: completion of payroll journal for company in an excel spreadsheet and edited in software systems.
- Analyzes, prepares and inputs payroll data. Typically uses automated system to produce accurate and timely payroll. Ensures compliance with all applicable state and federal wage and hour laws.
- Prepares weekly, monthly, quarterly and year-end reports (gross payroll, hours worked, vacation accrual, tax deductions, benefit deductions, etc.) for management.
- Performs various journal entries, account reconciliations, and provides general ledger support.
- Maintains current knowledge of applicable state and federal wage and hour laws.
- Stays current on payroll systems to achieve alignment with HR benefits and other related and to ensure effective accounting support.
- Facilitates management and employee understanding of payroll procedures
- Assist during annual audit and in the production of audit schedules.
- Assist with special interdepartmental assignments as assigned
- Organizational Skills.
- Time Management.
- Financial Management.
- Ethical Conduct.
- Technical Capacity.
- Communication Proficiency.
- Knowledge of MS-Office and advanced excel
- MIP and knowledge of databases Preferred