Administrative Office Manager
The Office Manager is responsible for the day-to-day operations of the office ensuring efficient and effective operations and coordinating all issues affecting the daily operations of the office. This will include providing effective administrative support to the integration of services with other CRF – CMP FB39 & HB32 departments. The Office Manager will work under the direction of the Executive Director of FB39 and HB32 in providing direct administrative support to ensure the needs of the office and our staff is met in a timely manner. The following is a list of the tasks performs as the Office Manager. Please note that all responsibilities entail to cover for HB32 and FB39.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Manage the day-to-day office functions of the Administration Department and Administration staff.
- Ensure the timely collection, preparation and analysis of client and program information to generate routine and as needed reports, to evaluate program performance and to facilitate short and long-term planning.
- Oversee vacancy bed control, including coordination with the facility’s maintenance operations units and city agencies, to maximize revenue consistent with program goals and eligibility criteria.
- Utilizing the DHS-Client Assistance and Re-housing System (CARES) System, monitor the programs compliance with the New York City Department of Homeless Services policies and procedures.
- Prepare reports, correspondence and forms and ensure timely and accurate reporting to internal and external entities.
- Prepare/complete all administrative reports, letters and other correspondence as required, (i.e., Monthly Report, Inventory Control, DHS Billing, etc.).
- Ensure that professional customer service is provided by the administrative staff while ensuring confidentiality is maintained: greeting, answering and screening incoming telephone calls and directing callers and general voicemail messages to the appropriate personnel, etc.
- Responsible for the daily reconciliation of all employee work schedule entries, and bi-weekly payroll submission.
- Assist with special projects, conducting research, analyzing data and generating reports as instructed.
- Directly responsible for the on-going development and maintenance of administrative staff, assume the administrative/secretarial functions in their absence.
- Communicate promptly and efficiently with internal and external agencies on behalf of the organization.
- Oversees/Supervises Administrative staff to carry out the daily activities of the program.
- Provide guidance, supervision and support to the administrative staff.
- Plan, develop and implement administrative support policies and procedures, ensuring uniformity of service.
- Ensure that top notch administrative support is provided to all Departments (Human Resources, Finance, Operations, Social Services and Client Care Coordinators).
- Lead by example, promoting agency mission, vision and upholding agency standards.
- Assist with securing locations for conferences, trainings and special events.
- Participate in training in training and staff-development activities to acquire and maintain both interpersonal and operational skills necessary for successful job performance.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in business administration preferred.
Experience: A minimum of five (5) years’ administrative office management experience, including two years supervisory experience.
Solid experience in office procedures, accurate, detail oriented, productive and demonstrates the ability to take initiative to ensure tight deadlines are net.
Proactive self-starter who has goal oriented mentality with excellent follow-up and time management skills.
Must be able to effectively manage confidential information.
Related Skills: Excellent written and oral communication, analytical, organizational, and project management skills are required. Ability to act as liaison among a range of internal customers. Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously. Knowledge of office systems; MS-Office preferred. Knowledge of database management systems and local area networks.
Other Requirements (including Physical Demands): May be required to work long hours and a varied schedule.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the