The Safety Supervisor is directly responsible for managing a shift with 3 to 4 Safety Monitors on duty per tour, as well as monitoring all activities to ensure safety in the physical plant and civility amongst tenants, visitors and staff. He/She will work in close association with Administration, Social Services, Child Care and Maintenance to resolve security related issues.
- Manages staff of 3 to 4 Safety Monitors.
- Trains Safety Monitors in security measures, and recommends changes in procedures/equipment to the Director of Building Operations.
- Implements Fire Prevention and other safety measures, and must qualify for the appropriate Fire Safety Certification.
- Must be certified for First Aid and CPR Certification.
- Be available to rotate shifts at Director’s discretion, and/or as needs of the business require.
- Must be trained in “Conflict Intervention”, and have the ability to train Safety Monitors on his/her tour.
- Conduct daily audit of both the Safety Monitor’s Desk Log, and the Supervisor’s
Desk Log for accuracy and content.
- Prepares/conducts Employee Appraisal Evaluations in a timely and thorough
- Prepares and audits Incident/Accident Reports.
- Maintain and schedule vans daily usage.
- Prepares written reports as required by the Director of Building Operations.
- Oversee and supervise department staff in the utilization of the DHS Client Assistance and Re-housing System (CARES) System regarding Intake Check-In, Incident Reports, and Facility Bed Management.
- Two (2) years of Supervisory experience in commercial/residential security or law enforcement, or;
- Five (5) years experience as a Private/Personal Security Officer.
- A degree/certification in Criminal Justice/Security a plus.
- Must gave good communication skills, experience working with women and children.
- Must successfully complete background investigation.
- Must possess a valid New York State Driver’s License
- New York State Security License
- Must meet all the requirements regarding the Security Guard Act of 1992.