The Safety Supervisor is directly responsible for managing a shift with 3 to 4 Monitors on duty, as well as monitoring all activities to ensure safety in the physical plant and civility amongst tenants, visitors and staff. He/She will work in close association with Administration, Social Services, Childcare and Maintenance to resolve security related issues.
Reports to the Director of Operations.
1. Manage staff of 3 to 4 Safety Monitors.
2. Trains Safety Monitors in Security measures, and recommends changes in procedures/equipment to the Director.
3. Implements Fire Prevention and other safety measures, and must qualify for the appropriate Fire Safety Certification awarded by the NYC Fire Department.
4. Must be certified for First Aid and CPR Certification.
5. Be available to rotate shifts at Directors discretion, and/or as needs of the business requires.
6. Must be trained in “Conflict Intervention,” and have the ability to train Safety Monitors on his/her shift.
1. Conduct daily audit of both the Safety Monitors Desk Log and the Supervisors Log for accurancy and content.
2. Prepares/Conducts Employee Appraisal Evaluations in a timely manner.
3. Prepares and audits Incident/Accident Reports.
4. Maintain and schedule facility vans daily usage.
5. Prepares written reports as required by the Director of Operations.
➢ Two (2) years of Supervisory experience in commercial/residential security or law
➢ Five (5) years experience as a Private/Personal Security Officer.
➢ A degree/certification in criminal justice/security a plus.
➢ Must have good communication skills, experience working with women and
➢ Must successfully complete a background investigation.
➢ Valid Driver’s License Preferred.